Kingfly Bar Manager
Kingfly Spirits, LLC was launched in 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA as a family owned business offering premium spirits, cocktails and a premier event space. We are currently seeking a Bar Manager to serve as the primary onsite brand ambassador and ensure that all distillery guests have an exceptional experience. The Bar Manager is responsible for overseeing and staffing the bar and front of house, guiding patrons in tasting our collection of spirits, and managing our retail product. This person will also have the opportunity to work closely with the Head Distiller, as well as the Spirits and Marketing Directors to learn and contribute to basic marketing and brand management activities.
Candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Extensive experience in bartending, management and hospitality.
- Affability and a fondness for hosting.
- Ability to work with little supervision while accomplishing requests of upper management.
- Can-do attitude, sense of humor, collaborative and collegial approach.
- Ability to move and lift heavy objects (such as cases of spirits).
- Ability to quickly alter focus from overseeing manager, to active bartender, to host.
- Knowledge of, or eagerness to learn about, craft spirits, the spirit making process and the art of the cocktail.
This position’s main responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of Kingfly’s cocktail bar.
- Hiring, training and coaching front of house team members.
- Scheduling bar staff and servers Wednesday – Sunday for regular business hours, while working with the Events Manager to schedule for events.
- Controlling labor costs through proper sales forecasting and scheduling of FOH team members.
- Implementing and monitoring procedures, standards, policies for the FOH employees.
- Ordering and inventory control of all bar items, including our snack menu offerings.
- Maintaining optimum guest satisfaction.
- Maintaining a safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing sanitation standards and procedures and complying with health and legal regulations.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local brewers, winemakers, distilleries and their distributors in coordination with the Spirits Program Director.
- Updating the POS system in support of accounting requirements.
- Supporting Marketing Director in promotional activities (as time permits).
Please send cover letter and resume (or C/V) to firstname.lastname@example.org